This year’s keynote speaker is Bruce Di Labio on “Changes to Bird Life in Eastern Ontario”
Bruce will discuss the population changes in various species from the Turkey Vulture to the Northern Cardinal, the decline in other species such as the Loggerhead Shrike and the Red-headed Woodpecker, the impact of land clearing and the importance of maintaining a healthy forest landscape for bird habitat. Other speakers and topics include:
- Introduction to Hardwood Tree Marking – Martin Streit RPF, Partnership Specialist, Ministry of Natural Resources & Forestry
- Conservation Easements – Jim Hendry RPF, Team Lead, Property and Approvals, South Nation Conservation and Lee Mattice Chartered Accountant, Manager, Welch LLP Chartered Accountants
- Coyote Behavior – Brent Patterson, Research Scientist, Ministry of Natural Resources & Forestry
- Managing for Beech Bark Disease – Richard Wilson, Forest Program Pathologist, Ministry of Natural Resources & Forestry
- Shooting a Moving Target – Restoring Forests in a Changing Climate – Barb Boysen, Coordinator, Forest Gene Conservation Association
This year’s conference will feature live sawmill demonstrations by “Logs to Lumber” (Bob Parent, Oxford Mills, ON) courtesy of Wood-Mizer Canada.
Registration in advance is required by February 19, 2016. The registration fee is $30 and includes refreshments and lunch. You can register and pay by Visa, MasterCard or PayPal by visiting the Eastern Ontario Model Forest website to access the "Ways to Contribute" page and the "One-Time Payment" window or by calling 613-258-6587.
Location: North Grenville Municipal Complex (see map here).
Time: 8:00 am-4:00 pm. Registration, coffee & exhibits from 8:00 am-9:00 am.
Download the flyer and share widely!