Download the posting here.
Context: The Algonquin to Adirondacks (A2A) Collaborative is a multi-national (Canada, United States, Indigenous nations) network of partners working toward ecological connectivity and conservation in the A2A region.
Supervisor: Lilith Wyatt, A2A Coordinator
- Develop partnerships with local trail organizations, First Nations, communities, and businesses
- Facilitate conversations with partners to define the concept of the trail, trail location, design criteria, and a stewardship plan
- Collect and integrate partner feedback on the project and process after each meeting
- Liaise with GIS technician to map existing and potential new trails
- Communicate the project well, online, in print, and in person
- Report on progress to the Board of Directors and funders
- Good written and spoken communications skills
- Independent, punctual, reliable, organized
- Ability to interpret spatial data and understand maps
- Interest and knowledge in the following areas are an asset: the A2A region, conservation, outdoor recreation, environmental education, sustainable tourism
Location: 19 Reynolds Road, Lansdowne ON, K0E 1L0, 30 min east of Kingston ON (see map), with the possibility to work remotely
Contract details: 20 hours per week for 10 weeks (flexible) with the potential to extend (pending fundraising)
Remuneration: $20/hour for a total of $4,000
Apply by: Monday, May 11, 2015 at 5:00 p.m.
Application process: Please email your CV and cover letter to A2A Trail Committee chair, Richard Grover, at rwgrover2 [at] gmail.com with the subject line “A2A trail project coordinator”.
Algonquin to Adirondacks (A2A) Collaborative values the contributions that individuals who identify as members of marginalized communities bring to our organization and especially welcomes applications from visible minority group members, women, Aboriginal persons, persons with disabilities, members of sexual minority groups, and others who may contribute to the further diversification of ideas. Please indicate if you consider yourself to be a member of one of these groups and would like to be considered as such for the purpose of this hiring process.